Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the sociological perspectives on Muslim OBCs as a category determined by the Indian State. Although Muslims constitute an important part of the population and are the second largest religious community in the world, as well as in India, social scientists rarely undertake this community to analyze their socioecomic and educational development. Muslim Backward Classes provides a comprehensive explanation of the origin and meaning of the term backward class, followed with the historical perspectives of Muslim backwardness in India. The volume fills the gap in the literature and presents a broad-based picture of the problems of Muslim OBCs, highlighting the questions of justice and equal opportunity to all groups irrespective of religion.
- Author BiographyAzra Khanam has been teaching and doing research in Dr K. R. Narayanan Centre for Dalit and Minorities Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi since 2008. Dr Khanam did her PhD from Aligarh Muslim University. She taught as a guest lecturer at Women's College, Aligarh Muslim University during 2003-04 and 2007-08. She has published several articles in reputed Indian journals.
- Author(s)Azra Khanam
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.