All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
About this product
- DescriptionMuslim Education in the 21st Century reinvestigates the current state of affairs in Muslim education in Asia whilst at the same time paying special attention to Muslim schools' perception of educational changes and the reasons for such changes. It highlights and explores the important question of whether the Muslim school has been reinventing itself in the field of pedagogy and curriculum to meet the challenges of the 21st century education. It interrogates the schools whose curriculum content carry mostly the subject of religion and Islam as its school culture. Typologically, these include state-owned or privately-run madrasah or dayah in Aceh, Indonesia; pondok, traditional Muslim schools largely prevalent in the East Malaysian states and Indonesia; pesantren, Muslim boarding schools commonly found in Indonesia; imam-khatip schools in Turkey, and other variations in Asia. Contributed by a host of international experts, Muslim Education in the 21st Century focuses on how Muslim educators strive to deal with the educational contingencies of their times and on Muslim schools' perception of educational changes and reasons for such changes. It will be of great interest to anyone interested in Asian and Muslim education.
- Author BiographySa'eda Buang is a senior lecturer with the Asian Languages and Cultures Academic Group at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Phyllis Ghim-Lian Chew is an associate professor at the Department of English Language and Literature, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Studies in Asian Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPhyllis Ghim Lian Chew,Sa'eda Buang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.