All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive survey of Muslim Spain from 711-1492. This introduction to Muslim Spain covers the period from 711 to1492, giving readers a substantial overview of what it was that made it a unique and successful society, and of its powerful legacy in the formation of modern Spain. Using a chrological framework and pushing the main historical developments to the forefront, the author keeps in view the shifting social patterns caused by the changing balance between town and country, major and mir dynasties, foreign groupings and repeated invasions from North Africa. He also includes discussion of topics such as inter-faith relations, multi-ethnic competing groups, and how intellectual life was enriched by pluralism and influence from abroad.
- Author BiographyRichard Hitchcock is a emeritus professor at the University of Exeter. He is author or editor of several books including The Kharjas (Boydell & Brewer), Studies on the Muwassah and the Kharja (Ithaca Press), Mozarebs in Medieval and Early Modern Spain (Ashgate) and The Arab Influence in Medieval Europe (Ithaca Press).
- Author(s)Richard Hitchcock
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe New Edinburgh Islamic Surveys
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.