All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a wonderful collection of 30 recipes featuring the spicy sensation of mustard. It explains how the clever use of mustard transforms soups, sauces, curries and casseroles. It includes recipes for many types of mustard around the world including French, German, Wholegrain, English and American mustard. It is a concise introduction describes the range of mustards available, and explains how to make your own mustard and the best way to cook with it. There are spicy recipes for tasty appetizers and vegetarian meals, warming meat and poultry dishes, piquant fish and seafood, as well as pickles and chutneys and home-made mustards. It is beautifully illustrated with over 75 photographs. A nutritional breakdown for each recipe is included. Mustard is an essential ingredient for the discerning cook. Whether you are partial to the piquancy of Dijon mustard, prefer the mild mellowness of wholegrain, or feel you really crave the fierce heat of an English mustard, this simple yellow-brown paste has a valued place in the kitchen cupboard, as well as on the dinner table. Recipes in this delightful book give you the opportunity of using mustard to the extent it deserves. Creamy soups are given a delicious tang, vegetables take on a new dimension with a spicy mustard sauce, and main course dishes, such as Venison Casserole with Horseradish and Mustard Dumplings, taste wonderful thanks to this popular and indispensable condiment. The book also provides a chapter on how to make your own mustards, pickles and chutneys to have with a special meal or to give away as gifts. Each recipe is beautifully photographed, with clear instructions that will ensure a great result every time, making this little cookbook the perfect introduction to cooking with mustard.
- Author BiographyHelen Sudell is an established cooking editor, writer and gardener who loves to spice up her cooking with ingredients that you can grow easily yourself. For this volume she has gathered the recipes from a wide range of food writers.
- Author(s)Helen Sudell
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 75 photographs
- Weight254 g
- Width160 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.