All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.64Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for anyone who cares about the health of people exposed to industrial pollutants. Attention is given to those pollutants which present a possible risk to the genetic material of exposed workers. Chapters are devoted to heavy metals such as arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, lead, mercury, nickel, etc.; insecticides (chlorinated, orgaphosphorus, and carbonate insecticides); momers such as vinyl-chloride, acrylonitrile, styrene, vinylidene chloride, butadiene, chlorobutadiene, hexachlorobuta- diene, etc.; and halogenated hydrocarbon solvents such as chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene, I, 2-dichloroethane, tetrachloroethyl- ene, dichloromethane, and I, I, I-trichloroethane. The main aim of this work is to provide the physician, the biologist, the pharmacologist, or anyone involved in genetic toxicology with a useful compendium of up-to-date information and references. Efforts are made to open the field to nspecialists. An introductory chapter deals with the mechanisms whereby a given compound, reaching genetic material, either directly or indirectly, may increase the risk of a cancer developing in the exposed individual and of abrmalities being passed on to his or her progeny. Efforts are also made to allow easy and efficient reading for those who are t interested in detailed results. Comparative tables provide the following data on the compounds studied: chemical properties, production, occurrence, accepted standards in the industry, and positive or negative results with different test systems. Finally, senior research workers might find good descriptions in this book of the most recent results from mutagenesis and carcigenesis testing in plant, nmammalian, and mammalian systems.
- Author(s)Micheline Kirsch-Volders
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.