All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.03
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $26.05
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.28
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.58
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.81
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionEadweard Muybridge (1830-1900) is famous for his invention of very fast photography, and his discovery of how animals and people run. Born in England, he moved to California during the gold rush boom, became a celebrated landscape photographer, and then studied 'Animals in Motion' and 'The Human Figure in Motion'. For more than a century people have marvelled at his series of 'Locomotion' images, which depict horses, cats, and people moving in their natural instinctive ways. He was able to show the specific elements of our motion, so that they can be studied and understood. Most of us have seen Muybridge images on 'lenticular' postcards - 2,3 or even 4 printed images under grooved plastic, that seem to 'move' as they are tilted at different angles. Muybridge and the Riddle of Locomotion uses a unique combination of words, printed reproductions of Muybridge's classic photos, and lenticular images on the cover and on the book's pages, to concisely tell the history of these discoveries in the early years of photography. The lenticular images contained in the book - of a man, a horse, a cat, and more - will thrill and intrigue young readers, firstly by the 'magic' of lenticular images and their suggested motion, and also the true history of an enigmatic genius who invented fast photography and opened the door to the invention of movies.
- Author BiographyMarta Braun is an internationally known historian of locomotion photography and the beginning of motion pictures.
- Author(s)Marta Braun
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content NotePhotographs throughout, 5 lenticular images
- Weight522 g
- Width229 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.