My Beautiful Genome: Exposing Our Genetic Future, One Quirk at a Time by Lone Frank (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.45Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sleepybearbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternationally acclaimed science writer Lone Frank swabs up her DNA to provide the first truly intimate account of the new science of consumer-led gemics. She challenges the business mavericks intent on mapping every baby's geme, ponders the consequences of biological fortune-telling, and prods the psychologists who hope to uncover just how much or how little our environment will matter in the new genetic century - a quest made all the more gripping as Frank considers her family's and her own struggles with depression.
- Author BiographyUS: Lone Frank is the author of The Neurotourist: Postcards from the Edge of Brain Science (ISBN 9781851687961). She holds a PhD in neurobiology and was previously a research scientist working in the biotechnology industry in the United States. An award-winning science journalist and TV documentary presenter, she has written for such publications as Scientific American, Science, and Nature Biotechnology and is a frequent speaker at venues including Harvard Medical School, the Library of Congress, the Royal Society, and TED. UK: Lone Frank is the author of Mindfield: (ISBN ). She holds a PhD in neurobiology and was previously a research scientist in the biotechnology industry. An award-winning science journalist and TV documentary presenter, she has written for such publications as .. [ UK publications ????? or Scientific American, Science, and Nature Biotechnology]
- PrizesShortlisted for Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books 2012.
- Author(s)Lone Frank
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.