All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionKim Addonizio's latest collection of poetry, My Black Angel Blues Poems and Portraits , is an amazing work; featuring woodcuts by book artisan Charles D. Jones, My Black Angel is both an auditory pleasure and visual feast. First, Addonizio's poetry celebrates the blues tradition in poetry much the way Langston Hughes, James Weldon Johnson, and Paul Laurence Dunbar did; she understands, feels, kws blues rhythms and the result is an incomparable and important poetry. Furthermore, Jones' accompanying art encompasses the blues medium and personalities Addonizio so aptly employs in her poetry: edgy and surprising, multifaceted with concurrent streams of meaning, his woodcuts feature such blues personalities as Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Billie Holliday, Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, John Lee Hooker, Big Mama Thornton, and more. The concert resultant from this collaboration is a dynamic performance bound to turn readers' attentions to the music and tradition of the blues, to seek out the sources, to immerse in the blues.
- Author BiographyKim Addonizio received her BA and MA from San Francisco State University, and has spent much of her adult life in the Bay Area. She currently lives and teaches workshops in Oakland, California, USA. Addonizio has received numerous awards for her work, including fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts, a Pushcart Prize, and the John Ciardi Lifetime Achievement Award. Charles D. Jones , a printmaker, is the director of LaNana Creek Press. He is a Regents Professor of Art at Stephen F. Austin State University, USA.
- Author(s)Kim Addonizio
- PublisherStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Weight825 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.