All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- Description* In the spring of 2005, Chris Ayers was busy working as a concept artist in the Hollywood film industry. That came to a crashing halt when he was diagsed with leukemia on April 1st. After a year-long period of treatment and recovery he started a sketchbook called The Daily Zoo on the anniversary of his diagsis. Over the next 365 days he would draw one animal each day, challenging both his self-discipline and imagination. Most importantly it would allow him the focused opportunity to celebrate the gift of each healthy day. * The pages of The Daily Zoo Volume 1 are chock-full with the first year's 365 distinct critters, ranging from curious pandas to sinister hyenas, athletic aardvarks to zealous zebras, with the choice of artistic styles as diverse as the subject matter. Alongside the images, Ayers ties in commentary about his cancer experience, the sources of his artistic inspiration, and his creative methods.
- Author BiographyIn the Spring of 2005 Chris Ayers was diagnosed with leukemia, a type of blood cancer. One year later he started a sketchbook and drew one animal each day for a year to aid in his healing process. Though it was begun as purely a personal project for his own enjoyment and therapy, he has since published the first two year's worth of sketches along with reflections on his cancer experience, commentary on his creative process and a wealth of information on animals in The Daily Zoo: Keeping the Doctor at Bay with a Drawing a Day (2008) and The Daily Zoo Year Two - Still Keeping the Doctor at Bay with a Drawing a Day (2009).
- Author(s)Chris Ayers
- PublisherDesign Studio Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationCulver City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDesign Studio Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width255 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.