All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionRecently named Woman of the Century in a survey conducted by the National Women's Hall of Fame, Elear Roosevelt wrote her hugely popular syndicated column My Day for over a quarter of that century, from 1936 to 1962. This collection brings together for the first time in a single volume the most memorable of those columns, written with singular wit, elegance, compassion, and insight--everything from her personal perspectives on the New Deal and World War II to the painstaking diplomacy required of her as chair of the United Nations Committee on Human Rights after the war to the joys of gardening at her beloved Hyde Park home. To quote Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., What a remarkable woman she was! These sprightly and touching selections from Elear Roosevelt's famous column evoke an extraordinary personality.
- Author BiographyEleanor Roosevelt (1884--1962), who was intimately involved in the political life of her husband, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, led women's organizations and youth movements and fought for consumer welfare, civil rights, and improved housing. Under her leadership, the United Nations approved the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Author(s)David Emblidge,Eleanor Roosevelt
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note35 b&w photographs
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byDoris Kearns Goodwin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.