All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionAlva B. Spencer takes you through his personal experiences of grief, love, and the basic humility of things he was forced to do in time of war. Alva, who embraced the Baptist faith at a young age, graduated from Mercer University in Penfield, Georgia, and traveled some 175 miles by a ?two wheeled buggy? to teach in Dooly County, Georgia. Soon after, Alva entered the Confederate Army at the start of the war enlisting as a private in Company C of the 3rd Regiment Georgia Volunteer Infantry, leaving behind his good friend Margaret Lucinda Cone. This story is more than the Civil War; it is a developing love story. Alva and Margaret correspond from the very beginning. Spencer's letters carry us through the whole experience, from being wounded at South Mills, North Carolina, to the ?Chicimocomico Races? on Roake Island to collecting seashells at Nags Head, and the surrender at Appomattox Courthouse. Join Alva in a journey through his letters to his beloved ?Maggie.?
- Author(s)Clyde G Wiggins,III
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.