All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionA poignant look at one woman's fight with depression, which is by turns funny, tender, heart-breaking and uplifting and will resonate with all who have been affected by depression. Through expressively scrawled drawings and commentary, Elizabeth Swados gives the reader an intimate glance into the illness that controlled her life. She discusses the strained relationships, the side effects of anti-depressants and the everyday difficulty of getting out of bed and keeping going.
- Author BiographyMusical artist ELIZABETH SWADOS is the author of twelve children's books, four novels, two collections of poetry, a collection of short non-fiction, and two books on creating musical theater for young people. Perhaps best known for her Broadway and international hit Runaways, she has composed, written, and directed theater for over thirty years. Her works for theater include the Obie Award-winning Trilogy and Alice at the Palace. Swados also teaches full time in the drama department of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts and has taught at The New School's Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts as a visiting artist. Her articles have been published in the New York Times, New York Times Magazine, and Vogue. Her other accolades include three Obie Awards, a Guggenheim Fellowship, Ford Fellowship, Helen Hayes Award, Lila Acheson Wallace award, and a Special International PEN Citation.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Swados
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight321 g
- Width158 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.