CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.49Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.67Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionJohns Hopkins University dean Dave Andrews has spent his entire career studying the impact of adults on the emerging lives of children, and his debut vel, My Father's Day Gift, is a testament to his insight. In this heartening work of fiction, middle-aged professor Adam, initially pleased to find himself alone for Father's Day, confronts and reflects on memories of the important male role models of his past. The result is a beautiful message about the importance of fatherly influences in the demonstrable character of a man. A perfect gift for a father or mentor, for Father's Day or any occasion: Have your copy of My Father's Day Gift Autographed by the Author, with a personal message for you or someone who has touched your life.
- Author BiographyDavid Andrews is one of the nations foremost experts on education and the impact of adults on the emerging lives of children, is Dean of the Johns Hopkins Universitys top-ranked School of Education. As a professor at three major research universities, he has written extensively about the role of adults in parenting, educating, and shaping the future of children. Dr. Andrews is a highly regarded advocate for children and, as such, has been recognized with numerous awards, including the Champion of Children Award, National Family Advocate, and many others. Originally from Pensacola, Florida, where his father was a well-known newspaper publisher, and where he attended junior college, Andrews has spent his adult life on university campuses across the country. His undergraduate degree is from Auburn University, his masters from Kansas State University, and his doctorate from Florida State University. He has held professorial and administrative posts at Oregon State University and Ohio State University. He now holds appointments in both education and public health at Johns Hopkins University. He currently resides in Baltimore, Maryland, with his wife Marti and their horses and dog. They have two adult children (both daughters). As he lectures and works with parents, teachers, coaches, and mentors around the world, Dr. Andrews continues to advocate for adults meaningful involvement in the lives of young people.
- Author(s)David Andrews
- PublisherBancroft Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBancroft Press
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.