All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionMy Favourite Wife is a book about the men and women of our time -- their struggles, their joys and their secret longings. Above all it is a book about where sex, romance and obsession ends, and where true love begins. Hot shot young lawyer Bill Holden and his wife Becca move with their four-year-old daughter to the booming, gold-rush city of Shanghai. It is a place of opportunity and temptation, where fortunes are made and foreign marriages come apart in spectacular fashion. Bill's law firm houses the Holden family in Paradise Mansions -- a luxury apartment block full of 'second wives': beautiful young women like JinJin Li, ex-school teacher, crossword addict, dedicated roller skater and the Holdens' neighbour. After Becca witnesses a near-tragedy, she returns temporarily to London with Holly -- and Bill and JinJin are thrown together. Bill wants to be a better man than the millionaire who keeps JinJin Li as a second wife. Better than any man who cheats. Beccas is his best friend. But in the end, can he give JinJin anything different -- can he give her the love she deserves? And can he love his wife too?
- Author BiographyTONY PARSONS is the author of Man and Boy, winner of the Book of the Year Prize, and translated into 38 languages. His subsequent novels -- One For My Baby, Man and Wife, The Family Way and Stories We Could Tell -- were all bestellers. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Tony Parsons
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication18/02/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/04/2009
- Weight503 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.