All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen he was arrested at gunpoint in 2003, Khodorkovsky became Russia's most famous political prisoner. Sentenced to ten years in a Siberian penal colony on fraud and tax evasion charges, he was put on trial again in 2010 and sentenced to fourteen years, despite the fact that the new charges contradicted the earlier ones. While imprisoned, Khodorkovsky fought for the rights of his fellow prisoners, going on hunger strike four times. After he was pardoned in 2013, he vowed to continue fighting for prisoners' rights, andMy Fellow Prisoners is a tribute to that work. A moving portrait of the prisoners Khodorkovsky met, My Fellow Prisoners tells the story of lives destroyed by bureaucratic criminality. It is a passionate call to recognize a human tragedy.
- Author BiographyMIKHAIL KHODORKOVSKY is Russia s best-known political prisoner. Prior to his arrest on October 25, 2003, Khodorkovsky had been known as one of Russia s most successful entrepreneurs and as a pioneering philanthropist. He led the fight against corruption in Russia, encouraged inward investment and promoted civil society. Pardoned in December 2013, he lives in Switzerland and works on behalf of prisoners rights.
- Author(s)Mikhail Khodorkovsky
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight181 g
- Width137 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.