Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionAges 7 to 11 years. Winky Cherry introduces sewing to young seamsters -- from simple stitches and doll making to understanding and using a sewing machine -- in this series. Guides feature clever rhymes and simple instructions, which teach sewing skills, as well as responsibility, commitment, focus, patience, co-ordination, and organisation. Levels progress through hand sewing, embroidery, doll making, machine sewing, patchwork, and quilting. Guiding crafters through beginning doll making, this kit includes two sets of doll shapes pre-cut from quality felt, crochet thread, and yarn for hair. Using basic sewing stitches, kids learn how to pull a needle without an adult, embroider faces, attach yarn, and make clothes.
- Author BiographyWinky Cherry has been teaching children to sew for more than 40 years. She is the author of the My First Sewing Book series of kits, and a teaching manual and two DVDs based on The Winky Cherry System of Sewing. She believes that hand sewing rewards the child with a feeling of accomplishment and a completed project. Sewing is also a way to learn safety, sharing, decision-making, confidence, and patience. She uses rhymes because they make sewing rules fun and easy to remember. She lives in Tesuque, Arizona.
- Author(s)Winky Cherry
- PublisherPalmer-Pletsch Associates
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalmer-Pletsch Associates
- Content Note2 colour photos, 1 b/w photo, 180 colour illus & 20 line drawings
- Weight170 g
- Width215 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.