All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAges 5 to 11 years. Through simple rhymes and clever illustrations, this book introduces children to embroidery. Part of Winky Cherry's hands-on approach, the projects encourage children to slow down and enjoy the process of learning to sew. Fledgling embroiderists will learn basic techniques, such as the cross-stitch, by stitching their names onto gingham using charts as guides. Inspiring young students to think of embroidery as art, the simple rules in this how-to show children how to stitch letters, borders, and hearts. Tried and true, this handbook leaves children with a feeling of accomplishment, as well teach lessons in safety, sharing, decision making, confidence, and patience. The complete kit includes thread, hoop, and fabrics.
- Author BiographyWinky Cherry has been teaching children to sew for more than 40 years. She is the author of the My First Sewing Book series of kits, and a teaching manual and two DVDs based on The Winky Cherry System of Sewing. She believes that hand sewing rewards the child with a feeling of accomplishment and a completed project. Sewing is also a way to learn safety, sharing, decision-making, confidence, and patience. She uses rhymes because they make sewing rules fun and easy to remember. She lives in Tesuque, Arizona.
- Author(s)Winky Cherry
- PublisherPalmer-Pletsch Associates
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalmer-Pletsch Associates
- Content Note4 colour photos, 78 colour illus & 1 chart
- Weight208 g
- Width215 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine0 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kree47goldie07 Feb, 2013by
Cute but complicated.
This book is a little obscure in its descriptions but the rhyming verse definitely appeals to children. Does require supervision and assistance until child gets the gist of it. A novel way to explain sewing skills.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.