All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ten short stories straddle the line between intimate revelation and drunken confession. The tales within reveal a stalgic and poetic author, one who can pen a character's lyrical ode to the fate of his father's perfect chess table in one story and examine a teacher's desperate and dangerous infatuation with a student in the next. There is also a remarkably touching story that begins by describing his narrator's excitement at the possibility of a three-way with a seductive football fan named Anka Chow Chow. Irony, humour, gossip and love with an irresistible readability.
- Author BiographyJerzy Pilch is one of Poland's most important contemporary writers. In addition to his long-running satirical newspaper column, Pilch has published several novels, and has been nominated for Poland's NIKE Literary Award four times; he finally won the Award in 2001 for The Mighty Angel. David Frick is a professor in the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Jerzy Pilch
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight383 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $13.14Trending at AU $14.26
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.