All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I think you are forgetting one thing, Twice,' I said. 'You seem to forget that my home is where you are.' Janet is unhappy in St Jago. Although Twice Alexander is w convalescing from his serious illness, the strain of the past year has caused an emotional rift between them-and Reachfar, her beloved childhood home, is sold. Friends from Cairnton, past and present, unkwingly provide the help she needs. The rich, pathetic Lady Hallinzeil arrives with Mrs Drew, her malignant companion; and later come those beloved friends of Janet's schooldays, Violetta Cervi and Kathleen Malone-w a famous singer. When these memorable characters leave, Janet and Twice are able to face their new life together with hope and understanding.
- Author BiographyBorn in Scotland in 1910, Jane Duncan spent her childhood in Glasgow, going for holidays to the Black Isle of Inverness. After taking her degree at Glasgow University she moved to England in 1931, and when war broke out she was commissioned in the WAAF and worked in Photographic Intelligence. After the war she moved to the West Indies with her husband, who appears as 'Twice' Alexander in her novels. Shortly after he husband's death, she returned to Jemimaville near Cromarty, not far from her grandparents' croft which inspired the beloved 'Reachfar'. Jane Duncan died in 1976.
- Author(s)Jane Duncan
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMy Friends...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.