All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionErik was 12 when Gypsy decided she was through with striptease--'I'm forty-two years old. Too old to be taking my clothes off in front of strangers.' Her endless schemes for staying famous and maintaining their extravagant lifestyle--a best-selling writing career, a musical based on her life, a disastrous attempt to turn her home movies into a blockbuster--make for comedic yet poignant reading. My G-String Mother is a stylish, incisive portrait of two lives: an awkward adolescent who was as much confidante, co-conspirator, and companion as son, and the legendary woman who told police at a raid at the famous Minsky's burlesque house, 'I wasn't naked. I was completely covered by a blue spotlight.'
- Author BiographyErik Lee Preminger was born Erik Lee on December 11, 1944 in New York City. He is a writer and actor and is the son of Gypsy Rose Lee and director Otto Preminger. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Erik Lee Preminger
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/01/2004
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.