All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMy Grape Year takes fans of Laura Bradbury's 'Grape' series back to where it all began. In a last-minute twist of fate, Laura is sent to Burgundy, France for a year on an exchange. She arrives kwing only a smattering of French and with idea what to expect in her first foray out of North America. With a head full of dreams and a powerful desire to please, Laura adapts to Burgundian life, learning crucial skills such as the fine art of winetasting and how to savor snails. However, her inability to resist the charming young men of the region means that Laura soon runs afoul of the rules, particularly the ' dating' edict. Romantic afterons in Dijon, early morning pain au chocolat runs, and long walks in the vineyards are wondrous, but also present Laura with a conundrum - how does she keep her hosts happy while still managing to follow her heart?
- Author BiographyLaura Bradbury, her french husband Franck, and their three franco-Canadian daughters share their time between Victoria, Canada and Burgundy, France where they own and manage four vacation rentals in the vineyards, including a 16th century restored winemaker's cottage and a 13th century wine cellar under the streets of Beaune. You can learn more at www.laurabradbury.com. Laura wastes too much time on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorLauraBradbury and goofs around with her fellow writers on Twitter @Author_LB . She's also on Instagram at https: //instagram.com/laurabradburywriter/ . You can see (and rent!) their vacation rentals at www.graperentals.com. Laura's bestselling Grape series begins with MY GRAPE YEAR in which an eighteen year old Laura travels to Burgundy, France for a year and has to decide between following the rules of her hosts or following her heart with a handsome French man. Next, MY GRAPE ESCAPE tells how Laura gave up the possibility of a prestigious law career to renovate an ancient village house in rural Burgundy and turn it into a vacation rental. MY GRAPE VILLAGE tells the story of Franck and Laura's move back to Burgundy five years after MY GRAPE ESCAPE. This time they are no longer newlyweds but parents of two young daughters who are inextricably part of the family's attempt to renovate a dilapidated winemakers' cottage just behind Franck's childhood home in the village of Villers-la-Faye. Laura has also published PHILOSOPHY OF PRESCHOOLERS: Because we all need a break from being grown-up - fifty bizarre and insightful conversations between and with her daughter Clementine and niece Anna that are guaranteed to make you laugh and think. Laura is a holder of a BA in English and French Literature from McGill University, a License from the Sorbonne in medieval French literature, and a law degree from Oxford (which she never used, much to the horror of her parents). She published several articles about French wine and culture in glossy magazines before being distracted for a good decade by motherhood. Laura has no spare time, but she does neglect her children and husband on a regular basis in order to write, paint, read, and enjoy a strong espresso with a square of dark chocolate.
- Author(s)Laura Bradbury
- PublisherGrape Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrape Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.