All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionImmediately after the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, this physician desperately sought a way into Haiti. As volunteer organizations, one after ather, were t ready to send in help, and the military had closed off the airport, getting there was an odyssey in itself. Despite receiving help from the UN or US, this team set up a hospital outside of Port-Au-Prince, and began to bring the injured to them.This is the story of those heart-wrenching 10 days in Haiti, the patients they encountered, and the lives that were forever changed.
- Author BiographyDr. Will retired early from clinical medicine to write and teach. He has authored several novels of fiction, using his experience with the human condition as a basis for social commentary. He resides in New England, where he spends his time in volunteer projects to help those in need. Director of Mountain Medicine Education, Inc (www.mountainmed.org), his teachings about wilderness medicine formed the core of his successes in Haiti.
- Author(s)Dr Will
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.