My Hero: Extraordinary People on the Heroes Who Inspire Them by My Hero Project (CD-Audio, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.56+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.14
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.90
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.19
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.91
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Marlo Thomas's The Right Words at the Right Time, My Hero is a stunning collection of essays by American heroes-including Michael J. Fox, Senator John McCain, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, astronaut John Glenn-about their heroes, inspiring examples of the best that we can be.In My Hero, some of the most prominent heroes and leaders of our time will share-in their own words-their thoughts and stories about the people who have been the greatest source of strength and inspiration to them. In these uncertain times, these stories about the extraordinary people whose words and deeds made an indelible impression will serve as welcome beacons.Find out from Michael J. Fox what sort of career woman would work tirelessly for years only to toss aside the spectacular profession she'd worked so hard and so long to achieve to run his foundation.How did Dana Reeve come to find such grit and grace when her fairy tale prince was thrown from his real-life steed, paralyzed from the neck down?What could Nelson Mandela possibly have in common with a happy little whale named Baby Beluga, the whimsical creation of songwriter Raffi?How did Stan O'Neal, the grandson of a former slave, manage to become Chairman, President, and CEO of Merrill Lynch?A book for young and old alike, My Hero is about the values that live in us all. It is a book that will inspire us to reach our own potential.
- Author BiographyComing soon... Winner of several AudioFile Earphones Awards and a multiple finalist for the APA's prestigious Audie Award, Alan Sklar has narrated nearly two hundred audiobooks, including Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden, The Kennedys: America's Emerald Kings by Thomas Maier, and The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright. Named a Best Voice of 2009 by AudioFile magazine, his work has earned him a Booklist Editors' Choice Award (twice), a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award, and Audiobook of the Year by ForeWord magazine. The Dartmouth graduate's theatre credits include Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew, The Seagull, and many modern roles. Alan has also narrated thousands of corporate videos for clients such as NASA, Sikorsky Aircraft, IBM, Dannon, Pfizer, AT&T, and SONY. For several years, he has been the spokesman for TracFone Wireless Co. and can often be seen and heard on TracFone radio and TV spots and infomercials. I am so pleased, as is my husband, to have found a narrator that holds our attention so well that we have come to compare every other narrator to him (you). So far we have found none with such a talent as yours. We very much plan to listen to as many of your works as we can find. -Sandi King, a letter to Mr. Sklar Ellen Archer is an acclaimed audiobook narrator and winner of a coveted Audie Award for For the Love of a Dog (available from Tantor). Her recent audiobooks include the New York Times bestseller Smashed by Koren Zailckas, Unhooked by Laura Sessions Stepp, and Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami. Producers and publishers describe Ellen as versatile, warm, intimate, fresh, fun, intelligent and sultry. She easily covers the spectrum between familiar and conversational and more authoritative and aggressive deliveries.
- Author(s)My Hero Project
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication05/12/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2017
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Alan Sklar,Ellen Archer
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time330
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.