Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionWatercolour artist Mark J. Roberts has lived in Hong Kong for more than 30 years; for 10 of those years, he has worked on a single project that has culminated in My Hong Kong. A collection of pastoral landscapes and coastal scenes from around Hong Kong, each of the works is imbued with a sense of movement rarely seen in traditional Western watercolours. Setting Roberts further apart is his use of layered washes and varied tonal values, which bring a hint of Far Eastern culture and history to the works - and add poignancy to their views of a city's fading vistas.
- Author BiographyBorn in Cambridge, England in 1950, Mark J. Roberts moved to Hong Kong in 1977. Painting almost exclusively in watercolour for more than three decades, this mostly self-taught artist retired in 2004 and has moved on to devote his artistic efforts in portraying the essence of landscapes and seascapes of his adopted home. His more recent works include a series on Chinese temples in the territory. Roberts has held three solo exhibitions in Hong Kong, and one in London. He has also held four exhibitions with the Hong Kong-based art group, Artists Abroad.
- Author(s)Mark J. Roberts
- PublisherAsia One Product & Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationChai Wan
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintAsia One Product & Publishing Limited
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations
- Width297 mm
- Height225 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.