All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionAll the rich flavors and exquisite dishes of India are w accessible to homecooks everywhere. <i>MyIndian Cookbook</i>is a relaxed, present-day spice journey that has a confident and fresh approach towards cooking with ease. It allows your taste buds to be taken on a journey where the myths are exposed and the message simplified, so that you can be a master of your own spice kitchen. <i>My Indian Cookbook</i> is a primer, refresher and introduction to Indian cuisine with a sensibility for hectic schedules. It brings Indian cookery up-to-date and will provide you with the basics and inspiration to forge your own path and try something new. You don t need to re-create huge opulent feasts. You can make one dish to add to the rest of the meal or dip in and out of the book as the mood suits you. Pantry stapes, a must-have spice list, alternative ingredients, step-by-step illustrations for tricky techniques, and a menu planner accompany an exquisite yet easy-to-follow recipe collection. <b>Sample recipes </b><b>Light bites</b> carrot and chickpea pancakes, fish fritters, coriander and chili crab balls, sesame and ginger skewers, and more. <b>Vegetables and lentils</b> chana masala, Baigan bharta, dhal makhani, beetroot curry <b>Fish, Meat and Poultry</b> Masalas roast lamb, mussels in chili, ginger and curry lead broth, saffron pot roast chicken, fish in tamarind sauce <b>Breads and rice</b> mint parantha, seeded naan bread, mixed vegetable roti, onion and coriander stuffed naan <b>Salads</b> tomato pickled ginger side salad, bean and lentil, steamed green beans in tomato mustard dressing <b>Pickles and chutneys</b> cucumber, carrot and mint chutney, South Indian eggplant pickle, fruit chutney, apple pickle. <b>Desserts and drinks</b> pistachio kulfi, almond and saffron cake, creamy honey and raisin vermicelli pots, masala chai, chili hot chocolate. This comprehensive book is a modern and familiar collection of accessible recipes that should be shared over and over again to inspire friends and family. Whether you ve never had Indian food or want to make your favorite dishes at home, this is the perfect cookbook.
- Author BiographyAmandip learnt how to cook at the age of 7 by her Mum who taught her traditional North Indian dishes while her gifted father who s an innovative cook, fearless and borderless when it comes to blending flavors and techniques, taught her to swing out and not get distracted too much by writing things down, but to trust and connect by her sight and smell. A former stylist and writer, Amandip Uppal, worked for many years at <i>The Times</i> newspaper and magazine, and later went on to become the Deputy Fashion Editor of <i>Conde Nast Traveller</i>. Amandip s life-long love and interest in food and design inspired her to launch The Lotus Food and Events Company, where she has combined uniquely designed events with her love of food. Drawing upon all her experiences and love of lifestyle, design and food, Amandip has created Chilli Hot Chocolate an online kitchen and dining shopping emporium, combining and showcasing her vision and creativity.
- Author(s)Amandip Uppal
- PublisherWeldon Owen
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width190 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.