CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionI became aware of just how fragile life is, and how lucky we are to be here. It was alarming to realise just how insignificant we as human beings are in our Universe. Wanting a way to share his love of the universe with his family, Tony Fellows began to jot down his musings on our universe and beyond. What follows is an informal and amusing look at quantum physics which explains things in a way that anyone - even the least scientifically minded, can understand. From our humble beginnings and the Big Bang to what our future may hold in our ever-expanding universe, it is all scoped out in this book. Drawing on scientific research from the 1600s to today, this is a million miles away from a being a dull lecture and you will find yourself musing on life's big mysteries from the very first page.
- Author BiographyThe author is retired, since when he acted as house-husband to his two sons whilst his wife continued her career. Tony spent two years renovating a grade II listed house and gardens in Kent, now the family home. Tony has a degree in Mechanical Engineering (2:1 Hons) and worked in the supply of aggregates, concrete and tarmacadam to the construction industry. The author is Yorkshire born, but has lived in the south for the last 40 years. He enjoys cooking, gardening, cars, but now thinks he is too old to play competitive squash, once a much loved activity. Tony is still active, but enjoys reading, anything to do with science, mathematics, astronomy, cosmology, astrophysics and the like.
- Author(s)Tony Fellows
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.