All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionAntony's Loewenstein's My Israel Question was a bestseller when first published and generated a storm of controversy, critical praise and robust public debate. Loewenstein's forensic discussion of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict continues here in a fully updated and expanded new edition, examining the prospects of the Middle East peace process in the new geo-political context. The election of Barack Obama brought hope to millions around the world and has seen renewed diplomatic efforts in the Middle East. Yet the Israel Palestine conflict remains mired in brutality and occupation. The election of a far-right Israeli government, the indiscriminate war on Gaza and the illegal expansion of West Bank colonies suggest a bleak future for both Israelis and Palestinians. However, public debate about the issue, in the USA, United Kingdom, Europe and Australia, is suggesting alternative ways of tackling the crisis. Now, Antony Loewenstein maps the way in which the conflict is ferociously discussed and where the hope lies for resolution to the brutal impasse.
- Author BiographyAntony Loewenstein is a Sydney-based journalist and author. Among the publications he has written for are the Guardian, Haaretz, Washington Post, Nation, Sydney Morning Herald, Age, Australian, Crikey and New Matilda. He is the author of The Blogging Revolution and co-author of Left Turn and is also a board member of Macquarie University's Centre for Middle East and North African Studies and co-founder of Independent Australian Jewish Voices.
- Author(s)Antony Loewenstein
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight511 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.