All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlana Stewart and Farrah Fawcett were inseparable since they first met in the 1970s. Over the course of 30 years, they supported each other through the trials of Hollywood life, raised their families together, and remained as close as two friends could be. But in fall 2006, their relationship was tested as never before when Farrah was diagsed with aggressive rectal cancer. Given six months to live, the beautiful actress vowed to beat the disease; Alana vowed to help her. Relentless in their pursuit of a cure, they travelled around the country and the world, seeking out alternative and experimental therapies. During that quest, Alana kept a diary of their experience fighting the disease and recorded cherished memories of their years together. Now, to hor her friend's grace and courage in the face of death, and to celebrate their enduring bond, Alana shares these intimate and personal diaries with us all. As she chronicles Farrah's story, Alana reveals her own spiritual journey in which she came to understand the joy of selflessness - Farrah's gift to her - enlightenment that has changed her life. Writing candidly about aging, marriage, motherhood, and faith - everything she and Farrah have dealt with together - this emotional book is both an affirmation of life, a paean to a beloved friend, and a tribute to the transcendent power of friendship.
- Author BiographyAlana Stewart is an actress, former model, and talk-show host who has worked in Hollywood for almost thirty years. Alana helped Farrah through her harrowing journey, filming and producing Farrah's Story, an Emmy-nominated documentary about Farrah's battle with cancer. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Alana Stewart
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width138 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.