Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionCatherine Rothwell grew up in Lancashire in the 1920s and '30s, and this charming account of her childhood is a valuable insight into ather world. Here we read about daily life in the county, family, schooldays, cinemas, holidays on the coast and in the Lake District, local characters, markets and shops and Christmas-time and relive memories of the long-forgotten streets, landscapes and surroundings of days gone by. These stories, illustrated with a variety of beautiful photographs, many taken by Catherine's father who was a professional photographer, will evoke stalgic memories of lancashire before the Second World War. A heartwarming and enchanting read, My Lancashire Childhood will appeal to anyone who lives in the county. Catherine Rothwell was born in Manchester in 1921 and educated at Stand Grammar School and Manchester School of Librarianship. She has been writing for forty-five years and has over sixty books to her credit. She w lives in Poulton-le-Fylde.
- Author BiographyCatherine Rothwell was born in Manchester in 1921 and educated at Stand Grammar School and manchester School of Librarianship. She has been writing for forty-five years and has over sixty books to her credit. She now lives in Poulton-le-Flyde.
- Author(s)Catherine Rothwell
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note110 black and white
- Weight400 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.