All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionDo you get books from a public library in your town or even in your school library? In many remote areas of the world, there are library buildings. In many countries, books are delivered in unusual way: by bus, boat, elephant, donkey, train, even by wheelbarrow. Why would librarians go to the trouble of packing books on the backs of elephants or driving miles to deliver books by bus? Because, as one librarian in Azerbaijan says, Books are as important to us as air or water! This is the intriguing photo essay, a celebration of books, readers, and libraries.
- Author Biography<b>Margriet Ruurs</b> loves to visit her local library. She writes children's books and educational materials and conducts author visits in schools across the United States and Canada. She lives in Shedd, Oregon.
- Author(s)Margriet Ruurs
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width259 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.