All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMy life in exile is the story of a man, a man cruelly and inhumanely, illegally separated from his children. But it is more than just one man's plight. It is the story of thousands of fathers who are banished from the lives of their children at the hands of the Family Court System. A system ripe with corruption and in dire need of reform. The story follows this man's attempt to restore his rights, to have a meaningful relationship with his children, to be a father after his divorce. His path back to his children is littered with obstacles: an ex-wife too bent on revenge to consider what she is doing to their children, uncaring, greedy lawyers who care more about money than their clients' needs, hostile judges who deny due process, issue unfair, unconstitutional decrees robbing fathers of their civil rights, handing out restraining orders frivolously, and all without any consideration of the harm and damage done to the children. And above all, it is a call to action. To, once aware and informed of the situation, to rise up with conviction and compassion, to right this terrible wrong and restore all children to a healthy, loving relationship with both parents.
- Author BiographyWilliam E. Brooks was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He grew up in rural Georgia. William received a Bachelor's degree in English from the University of West Georgia in 1991. He moved to and lived in Delaware and Maryland with his family for three years. During this time he taught middle school in Baltimore, Maryland. Recently, William and his family moved back to Georgia so that he could attend law school. He is married to Emma, an engineer from Colombia, and has two sons, Tristan and Nathaniel, as well as two step-sons, Rafael and Andres. They currently reside in Alpharetta, a suburb north of Atlanta. William is active in father's rights groups working to reform the family law system. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, reading and spending time with his family.
- Author(s)William E Brooks
- Date of Publication27/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mayra Ibanez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.