All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.17
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.29
- AU $24.51Trending at AU $26.85
About this product
- DescriptionKelis' love affair with food started as a child. A native New Yorker, her mother worked as a chef in her own catering business, run out of their home in Harlem. Driven by the speed and the intensity in the kitchen, Kelis' passion behind watching her mother cook inspired her to roll up her sleeves. Every detail was clear and defined: Red lips, red nails, perfume, earrings and a military demear she felt in the presence of a master while watching her mother work. At age 17, Kelis signed her first recording contract and began to travel the world. She discovered local outdoor markets and tiny hole-in-the-wall restaurants and considered them the hidden treasures of her journeys. After 10 years in the music business, Kelis decided to attend Le Cordon Bleu. Attending the famous cooking school gave Kelis the confidence to call herself a chef and to write her first cookbook. My Life on a Plate tells Kelis' personal story through the food she creates. Her style has been molded by her culture, her travels, and all the people she met along the way. This book is a collection of her favorite recipes.It features a mix of foods from her Puerto Rican heritage, such as Pernil (Puerto Rican Pork Shoulder), Arroz con Gandules, and Shrimp Alcapurias along with dishes she created after discovering them on her travels around the world such as Malay Curry Chicken and Swedish Meatballs.
- Author BiographyKelis debuted her Feast sauce line and Food Truck in 2013, which was voted one of the OFM 50 Favourite Foods, Recipes, Restaurants and More in 2014. Her show Saucy & Sweet airs specials on Food Network and The Cooking Channel. She will be performing at the On Blackheath festival in London on 12 and 13 September 2015.
- Author(s)Kelis Rogers
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKyle Books
- Content NoteColour photography throughout
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.