All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times bestseller Gloria Steinem had an itinerant childhood. Every fall, her father would pack the family into the car and they would drive across the country, in search of their next adventure. The seeds were planted: Steinem would spend much of her life on the road, as a journalist, organizer, activist, and speaker. In vivid stories that span an entire career, Steinem writes about her time on the campaign trail, from Bobby Kennedy to Hillary Clinton; her early exposure to social activism in India; organizing ground-up movements in America; the taxi drivers who were vectors of modern myths and the airline stewardesses who embraced feminism; and the infinite contrasts, the surrealism in everyday life that Steinem encountered as she travelled back and forth across the country. With the unique perspective of one of the greatest feminist icons of the 20th and 21st centuries, here is an inspiring, profound, enlightening memoir of one woman's life-long journey.
- Author BiographyGloria Steinem is a writer, lecturer, editor and feminist activist. In 2013, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Obama. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Gloria Steinem
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.