All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $45.41
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.85
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.69
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $13.24Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $38.56
About this product
- DescriptionoLike Steinem herself, (My Life on the Road) is thoughtful and astonishingly humble. It is also filled with a sense of the momentous while offering deeply personal insights into what shaped her.o O- THE OPRAH MAGAZINE (one of the top 10 favorite books of the year) oThis legendary feminist makes a compelling case for traveling as listening- a way of letting strangers' stories flow, as she put it, 'out of our heads and into our hearts.'o People oThis is soul material, human and political, funny and touching, deeply spiritual. I began it again the day after I finished.o ANNE LAMOTT oOne of the most important voices for human rights a by delving deeper into her own thrilling story, Steinem shows us that we all have a fighter inside us-we need only pack our bags and follow her.o LENA DUNHAM oSteinem beautifully illustrates how her perpetual motion has shaped her professional life a Steinem has gained wisdom from cabdrivers and fellow airplane passengers, and gotten story tips from strangers at rural diners and truck stops.o The New York Times Book Review My Life on the Road is the moving, funny, and profound story of Gloria Steinem's growth and the growth of a revolutionary movement for equality-and of how surprising encounters on the road shaped both. From her first experience of social activism among women in India to her work as a journalist in the 1960s; from the whirlwind of political campaigns to the founding of Ms. magazine; from the historic 1977 National Women's Conference to her travels through Indian Country-a lifetime spent on the road led Steinem to connect deeply with people, to understand that context is everything, and to become part of a movement that would change the world. In this rich and revealing story of leadership, travel, and activism, Steinem reminds us that living in an open, observant, and oon the roado state of mind can make a difference in how we learn, what we do, how we understand, and how we live.
- Author BiographyGloria Steinem is a writer, lecturer, editor, and feminist activist. In 1972, she co-founded Ms. magazine, and she remained one of its editors for fifteen years. In 1968, she helped found New York magazine, where she was a political columnist and wrote feature articles. Her books include the bestsellers Revolution from Within, Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions, Moving Beyond Words, Marilyn- Norma Jeane, and As if Women Matter (published in India). Steinem has received the Penney-Missouri Journalism Award, the Front Page and Clarion awards, the National Magazine Award, the Women's Sports Journalism Award, the Lifetime Achievement in Journalism Award from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Society of Writers Award from the United Nations, the James Weldon Johnson Award for Journalism, and many others. In 2013, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama.
- Author(s)Gloria Steinem
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication03/01/2017
- SubjectUnclassifiable: no BIC
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2017
- Weight332 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.