All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionJoan of Arc, I thought to myself. The name was familiar, for sure. Yet, I really could t recall much that I had learned about her. I remembered something about burning at the stake. Yes. Did she t burn at the stake? The rest was a blank sheet. I would t have done well on a French history exam, even after my six weeks in Brittany. I turned with a typical whatever shrug and walked at a clip to catch up with the group, t realizing that she, Joan of Arc, was the reason that the French defeated England at Orleans. She was the reason the French routed the English from the Loire Valley. She was the reason that the Dauphin, Charles VII, marched to Rheims to be crowned King of France, rather than run away. She was the reason that France kept her independent crown. She was the reason France would remain Catholic after the Protestant revolution. She was the reason France developed into the nation state we kw today. That is who Joan of Arc was. I did t realize the historical, religious, and spiritual significance in Western Civilization of the person whose image that curious statue represented. I also did t realize the historical, religious, and spiritual significance she would have in my personal life. Joan of Arc had saved France's life. I had earthly idea at that time that she was going to save mine.
- Author BiographyWalter Adams is an educator, experienced business executive, and self-published Catholic author who holds an A.B. in Economics from Princeton University and a Masters Degree in Public and Private Management from Yale University. A former Methodist who was also familiar with Evangelical communities as a youth, Walter joined the Catholic Church on Easter of 1985. Walter's works are personal testimonials to the sublime benefits of True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin as formulated by St. Louis de Montfort as well as to Le Royaume, the kingdom blessed of St. Joan of Arc and St. Therese of Lisieux. Le Royaume is the mystical Kingdom of France belonging to Jesus Christ as King of Kings, to the Virgin Mary as our heavenly Queen who holds the Fleur-de-lis dear to her heart, and to Sts. Joan and Therese, who are the secondary co-patronesses of France. To Jesus through Mary in the friendship and sisterly care of Sts. Joan and Therese!
- Author(s)Walter Adams
- Date of Publication13/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.