All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSway to the sounds, reach for the colors, dance to the rhythms, and you will find your own Mexico in these poems in both English and Spanish. Johnston regales the senses with idyllic scenes of streets lined with a rainbow of adobe houses, with the scent of roses growing in coffee cans and lilies in chile jars, and with the sounds of fields of corn shaking quietly in the warm wind. The overall impression is one of sunbaked cheerfulness, warmth, and color ably reinforced by Sierra's pastel-tinted artwork.
- Author BiographyTony Johnston has worked at a children's book store, taught a course on picture book writing at UCLA, and studied poetry writing for children with Myra Cohn Livingston. Although she has published nearly seventy-five books, Johnston never stops working. She is grateful for the many ideas that come to her, for the chance to work toward what has become her life goal--to be a good storyteller.
- Author(s)Tony Johnston
- PublisherPuffin Books
- Date of Publication15/02/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.07
- AU $44.49Trending at AU $51.70
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.