All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up as a typical car-obsessed American kid, Jory Hull detours from his familiarity and explores an outsider's view of the primitive, fascinating elegance of racing vehicles from a bygone era; an era of emotive graphic and mechanical simplicaity. The artist frames these machines as the colourful handmade tools that they are, contrasting the idealised objects that appear in the most automotive photography, often abstracting their details into almost pure graphic compositions. Despite a quiet beauty to these machines at rest, one imagines them at full fury.
- Author BiographyJory Hull (b. 1971) studied painting and photography at the Savannah College of Art and Design and the Corcoran College in Washington DC. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. Julian Sander is owner of Feroz Gallery, Bonn, Germany, specialized in photography from the 20th century. He is the great Grandson of the esteemed August Sander, and his gallery represents the commercially available works of August Sander including vintage, semi vintage and modern prints.
- Author(s)Jory Hull
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight784 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.