Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionRide along as one girl bonds with her mother and learns about surfing in My Mommy Taught Me to Surf. Written for ages 4-8, this fully illustrated, charming book teaches surfing basics and termilogy, while passing the traditions of surf culture from one generation to the next. With pages on how to paddle out, pop-up, and the parts of waves and surfboards, My Mommy Taught Me to Surf is an entertaining introduction to the world of sand, surf, and sunrises for any young surfers and her parents.
- Author BiographyJoseph has been a father for 9 years and a surfer for 29. From the moment he learned he was going to be a father, he knew that the joys and life lessons that he experienced with surfing were one day going to be passed onto his child. This desire along with a complete inability to draw allowed him to work with his closest friend, Shane Lasby to bring together a small testament of this love for surfing and their children into a book that they both believe will help foster these lessons for any parent and child. Joseph lives and surfs in Charleston, SC with his wife Allison and son Jonah. ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR: Shane has always been an artist of some fashion for as long as he can remember. This has always been a dream of his to share the images that his heart can set forth from his head to his hands. Growing up and surfing in Cocoa Beach, Florida has taught me exactly what Joseph and I have accomplished in this children's book. Having two little girls of my own has also shown me the true value of what this life offers through patience and perseverance, but all the while keeping me very young at heart. The girl in My Mommy Taught Me to Surf is the child in all of us, still living and learning every day.
- Author(s)Joseph Tomarchio
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shane Lasby
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.