All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten specifically for GCSE students by academics in the field, the Methuen Drama GCSE Student Editions provide in-depth explanatory material alongside the play texts frequently studied at Key Stage 4. Whether for use in the classroom or independent study, these editions offer a fully comprehensive and lightly glossed play text with accompanying tes specifically directed towards readers of this age, which unravel essential topics and challenge all students to delve further into literary analysis. Charlotte Keatley's My Mother Said I Never Should grapples with social forces that threaten to split four generations of women apart. When Jackie, who is unmarried, gives away her baby to her mother, the women are united in keeping this family secret yet divided in their opinions of it. In addition to some on-page explanatory tes and the play text itself, this edition contains sub-headed analyses of themes, characters, context and dramatic devices, as well as background information on the playwright. The Methuen Drama GCSE Student Editions never lose sight of their readership, and offer students the confidence to engage with the material, explore their own interpretations, and improve their understanding of the works.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Keatley's play My Mother Said I Never Should was named by the National Theatre as one of The Significant Plays of the Twentieth Century. She has written for radio, television and film, and has won multiple awards and was nominated for an Olivier Award as Most Promising Newcomer. Sophie Bush is a lecturer in Performance at Sheffield Hallam University. Her research and teaching interests lie in the history, practice and politics of contemporary British theatre. She maintains an involvement with practical theatre-making, as director and devisor.
- Author(s)Charlotte Keatley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleGCSE Student Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight115 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Introduction bySophie Bush
- Edition StatementStudent ed
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.09
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.01
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $7.33Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.