All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'In its revelation of mother-daughter emotions over the years, the play is without rivals. It is a classic' The Times 'This is a landmark play. The theatrical equivalent of breaking the four-minute mile; like Caryl Churchill's Top Girls, pointing the way for the next generation of playwrights in form and content' Guardian Charlotte Keatley's first main stage play My Mother Said I Never Should was premiered in 1987 at Contact, Manchester, and in 1989 at the Royal Court Theatre, London. It has been translated into twenty-two languages and is performed across the world. The play moves back and forth through the lives of four women, and sets the ermous social changes of the twentieth century against the desire to love and to be loved. In 2000 it was chosen by the Royal National Theatre as one of the hundred Significant Plays of the Twentieth Century. Commentary and tes by Charlotte Keatley.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Keatley (b. 1960) is an English playwright.
- Author(s)Charlotte Keatley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/1994
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStudent Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Note1 colour, 8 page sections
- Weight174 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.