All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
About this product
- DescriptionMy Mother's Funeral circles around the death of the author's mother, but what also emerges is a landscape of personal loss and pain, of incence, humor, violence and beauty. Drawing heavily upon her childhood experiences and Colombian heritage, Paramo describes the volatile bond linking mothers and daughters in a culture largely unkwn to Americans. The book moves between past (Colombia in the 1940s) and present lives, and maps scenes both geographical (Bogota, Medellin, Anchorage) as well as psychological--ultimately revealing the indomitable spirit of the women in her family. Especially from Paramo's mother the reader learns what it means to be a Colombian woman.
- Author BiographyADRIANA PARAMO is a Colombian writer and anthropologist whose book Looking for Esperanza won the Social Justice and Equality Award in creative nonfiction.
- Author(s)Adriana Paramo
- PublisherCavanKerry Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationFort Lee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCavanKerry Press
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.