All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.27
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionMy mother asked, before she passed away, to finished her book. But when she passed I decided to write a book of poems for her. My mother was an outdoors kind of person, hands on, hands in the dirt, cultivating woman. She spent many hours out her her yard where she would read, do her cryptograms, watch her grandchildren or care for her garden. She grew plenty of vegetables, fruits and a variety of flowers. Not only did she grow her wilderness into a garden she helped plant the seeds of her grandchildren and her children and helped them grow. I haven't, yet, finished her book but I wrote this book of poems for her, my feelings for her as are the feelings of her seven children, 13 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. My mother passed seven days after her birthday, April of 2000. In the months after, I finished all that I would include into this book of poems. I knew I wasn't finished until I got poems from my siblings, nephews and neices. The collection came together in late 2002. This is the finished result, My Mother's Garden.
- Author BiographyFred Green is a 57 year old, retired, auto worker. He started writing in 1976, but changed his major from Physiology, at Wayne State University, in the early 80s to Journalism. During that time he finally finished his first novel while studying at WSU, he took up writing poetry and finished over 100 poems. Today he as finished enough poems for four books, the first, My Mother's Garden. The next book will be on Haiku's, the third, Romance, and the fourth, reflections of his life. This is just the start to his new life being retired. He has finished two screenplays, and outlined 42 other novels. Now that he has plenty of time on his hands, his life and writing continues.
- Author(s)F D Green
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.