All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.50
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $23.95
- AU $13.67Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.18
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.32
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.30
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $23.67
About this product
- DescriptionThere's an empty tebook lying on the table in the moonlight. It's been there for an age. I keep on saying that I'll write a journal. So I'll start right here, right w. I open the book and write the very first words: My name is Mina and I love the night. Then what shall I write? I can't just write that this happened then this happened then this happened to boring infinitum. I'll let my journal grow just like the mind does, just like a tree or a beast does, just like life does. Why should a book tell a tale in a dull straight line? And so Mina writes and writes in her tebook, and here is her journal, Mina's life in Mina's own words: her stories and dreams, experiences and thoughts, her scribblings and nsense, poems and songs. Her vivid account of her vivid life. In this stunning book, David Almond revisits Mina before she has met Michael, before she has met Skellig.
- Author BiographyDavid Almond is twice winner of the Whitbread Children's Book Award. His first novel, SKELLIG, won the Whitbread Children's Award and the Carnegie Medal and was made into a feature-length film on Sky1. His second, KIT'S WILDERNESS, won the Smarties Award Silver Medal, was Highly Commended for the Carnegie Medal, and shortlisted for the Guardian Award. THE FIRE-EATERS won the Whitbread, the Smarties Gold Award and was shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal, and his most recent novel, CLAY, was shortlisted for the Costa Children's Book Award, and the Carnegie Medal. David has also won the 2010 Hans Christian Andersen Award for his lasting contribution to children's literature and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting and innovative children's authors writing today. His books are bestsellers all over the world. He lives with his family in Northumberland. www.davidalmond.com
- PrizesShort-listed for Carnegie Medal 2012.
- Author(s)David Almond
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Weight176 g
- Width129 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time290
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.