All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>In this sweet, petite collection of essays and recipes, <b>Alice Waters </b>showcases the simple building-block ingredients she uses to create gratifying, impromptu meals all year long. In her most intimate and compelling cookbook yet, Alice invites readers to step t into the kitchen at Chez Panisse, but into her own, sharing how she shops, stores, and prepares the pantry staples and preserves that form the core of her daily meals. Ranging from essentials like homemade chicken stock, red wine vinegar, and tomato sauce to the unique artisanal provisions that embody Alice's unadorned yet delightful cooking style, she shows how she injects even simple meals with nuanced flavor and seasonal touches year-round. From fresh cheeses to quick pickles to sweets and spirits, these often-used ingredients are, as she explains, the key to kitchen spontaneity when combined with simple grains, vegetables, and other staple items. With charming pen-and-ink illustrations by her daughter, Fanny and Alice's warm, inviting tone, the latest book from our most influential proponent of simple, organic cooking ensures a gracious, healthy meal is always within reach.
- Author BiographyALICE WATERS is the executive chef, founder, and owner of Chez Panisse Restaurant and Cafe in Berkeley, California. She founded the Edible Schoolyard, is Vice President of Slow Food International, the recipient of three James Beard Awards, and the author of twelve books. Her most recent books are the bestsellers <i>The Art of Simple Food II</i>, <i>40 Years of Chez Panisse</i>, and <i>In the Green Kitchen</i>. She lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Alice Waters,Fanny Singer
- PublisherClarkson Potter Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width168 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.