All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy whole life, in a sense, has been a search for beauty . . . For nearly five decades Barbra Streisand has been one of the singular figures in American entertainment. From the cabaret to the Broadway stage, from television and film stardom to her acclaimed work as a director, from the recording studio to the concert hall, she has demonstrated that the extraordinary voice that launched her career was only one of her remarkable gifts. Now, in her first book, Barbra reveals ather aspect of her talent- the taste and style that have inspired her beautiful homes and collections. My Passion for Design is her account of creation and construction of her newest home-the dream refuge she has longed for since the days when she shared a small Brooklyn apartment with her mother, brother, and grandparents, and a culmination and reflection of her love of American architecture and design from the 18th ti the 20th centuries. Whether she is seeking an elusive shade of blue for the panelling in a Federal lounge, tracking down a contemporary woodworker who was able to recreate the exquisite Greene & Greene style, or choosing the roses to harmonize with both the interior and exterior of a given room, Barbra's perseverance and attention to detail are remarkable-and remarkably engaging. She is a wonderfully witty storyteller as well as a kwledgeable and charming guide. My Passion for Design contains t only Barbra's own photographs of the rooms she has decorated, the furniture and art she has collected, and the ravishing gardens she has planted on her land on the California coast, but memories of her childhood, and insights into the development of her own sense of style. The millions of fans who have cherished her voice as a singer will find that she has an equally inimitable and compelling voice as a writer. Here is a rare and intimate private tour of the world of one of our most beloved stars, which will be welcomed by her fans and all lovers of the great achievements of American design.
- Author BiographyBarbara Streisand is the only artist ever to receive Oscar, Tony, Emmy, Grammy, Directors Guild of America, Golden Globe, National Endowment for the Arts, and Peabody awards, as well as the American Film Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award and the Kennedy Center Honors.
- Author(s)Barbra Streisand
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintViking Press Inc
- Out-of-print date07/01/2015
- Weight1958 g
- Width239 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.