Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionHeartbreak, Humor and, ultimately, Hope... That's the message that comes through loud and clear in My Pineapples Went to Houston, Lee Gaitan's personal and powerful tale of surviving a decade of relentless chaos and loss. The shock and awfulness began in 2002 when her father died, her mother teetered on the brink of a coma and her husband of 22 years secretly lost all their money and ran off with a stripper. And it was all downhill from there! Then one day in the midst of all the chaos-somewhere between loud cursing and crying-she recalled an amusing anecdote she'd heard about pineapples that spoke to her circumstances in such an unexpectedly humorous way that she couldn't help but laugh out loud. That moment of laughter was a small epiphany for me. I realized that I had allowed my sense of humor, which had always mitigated the bad breaks in my life and enhanced the good ones, to fall victim to the machete my ex-husband had taken to my life. I determined right then and there that I could longer permit that. I instinctively knew that humor was the most potent, and just about the only, protection I had at my disposal to survive the crises unfolding around me, and I vowed to keep it alive. Told with honesty and insight-and, of course, humor-My Pineapples Went to Houston both inspires and entertains readers and offers hope and encouragement to those struggling with their own plans gone outrageously awry.
- Author BiographyLee Gaitan has worn many hats in her 25 years as a professional communicator, from public relations writer and television host to published author and educator. She is half of the comedy duo behind the popular podcast and blog, Chicks with Problems, www.chickswithproblems.com. Lee and her husband live in suburban Atlanta, where she divides her time among speaking, writing, teaching and keeping tabs on her tri-continental family. This is her second book. To read more wit and wisdom from Lee Gaitan or to book her as a speaker, please visit www.leegaitan.com.
- Author(s)Lee Gaitan
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication26/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.