All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionDive into the diary of my 12 week visit to an addiction treatment centre, written at the time and in full graphic detail. The experiences of my rehabilitation process give an insight into the 12 step process and how it led to my recovery from drug addiction. A narrative on love, obsession, insanity and redemption. I didn't hold back when writing in my diary. Experience every moment with me, as I explore the possible reasons behind why I became an addict and meet others who were lost, just like I was. In the depths of my addiction I was a heavy marijuana smoker. I couldn't function. I couldn't keep a job. My life was a mess. My family life was shattered. My parents and my sisters wanted thing to do with me whilst I continued to flush my life down the drain. My romantic relationships were doomed to fail. Finding partners who were as damaged as me was all I could hope for. I thought I could help them. I couldn't even help myself. Who was I kidding? My friendships were one sided. They were based on what I could get from others or what others could do for me. I used them. I betrayed them. All this just for one more joint, over and over again. I couldn't be trusted by others and I certainly couldn't trust myself. I tried to leave town and start afresh, but that didn't work. Just when I thought there was escape from the abyss I was rescued. I record the washing machine of thoughts and feelings I experienced from the moment I arrived in rehab until my treatment was complete.
- Author BiographyJames Weston was born in 1981 in Edgware, Middlesex and grew up in North West London. James has a BSc in Applied Psychology, which was achieved at the University of Bedfordshire. In the depths of his addiction James was a heavy marijuana smoker and has published his diary so that readers may dive into the head of an addict in recovery.
- Author(s)James Weston
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.