Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver since being brought up by The Beatles, Frankie Boyle has been a tremendous liar. Join him on his adventures with his chum Clangy The Brass Boy and laugh as he doesn't accidentally kill a student nurse when a party gets out of hand. I don't think anyone can have written an autobiography without at some point thinking Why would anyone want to kw this shit? I've always read them thinking I don't want to kw where Steve Tyler grew up, just tell me how many groupies he f**ked! ' So begins Frankie's outrageous, laugh-out loud, cynical rant on life as he kws it. From growing up in Pollockshaws, Glasgow ('it was an aching cement void, a slap in the face to Childhood, and for the family it was a step up'), to his rampant teenage sex drive ('in those days if you glimpsed a nipple on T.V. it was like porn Christmas'), and first job working in a mental hospital ('where most evenings were spent persuading an old man in his pants t to eat a family sized block of cheese'), thing is out of bounds. Outspoken, outrageous and brilliantly inappropriate, Frankie Boyle, the dark heart of Mock the Week, says the unsayable as only he can. From the TV programmes he would like to see made ('Celebrities On Acid On Ice: just like Celebrity Dancing On Ice, but with an opening sequence where Graham Norton hoses the celebrities down with liquid LSD'), to his native Scotland and the Mayor of London ('voting for Boris Johnson wasn't that different to voting for a Labrador wearing a Wonder Woman costume'), thing and one is safe from Frankie's fearless, sharp-tongued assault. Sharply observed and full of taboo-busting, we-really-shouldn't-be-laughing-at-this humour, My Shit Life So Far shows why Frankie Boyle really is the blackest man in show business.
- Author BiographyFrancis Martin Patrick 'Frankie' Boyle was born in Glasgow in 1972. Most recognised for this regular spot on BBC 2's Mock the Week, Frankie's cruel but perfectly constructed gags on politicians, celebrities and society as a whole have cemented his name in the world of comedy.' John Prescott is so fat, that he can't put a tie and belt on without turning into sausages.' Nice.
- Author(s)Frankie Boyle
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note(2x8pp plates)
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- mike.qld13 Oct, 2011by
Oh so wrong but all so right
What an absolute cracker. Frankie Boyle is the man. Funniest comedian of all time. A winner from start to finish
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.