CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionMy Side of the Story shares a narrative of G. Warren Collier's World War II experiences in the western European theater, as told to his daughter, Judy Collier Johnson. He shares the intimate detail of what it was like to be in the army during World War II through a series of letters and recollections. Collier, a young man from a simple Iowa farm, found himself in an army plagued by rules and regulations. After advanced training at Camp Roberts, California, in the desert, he received his marching orders and was sent first to England and then to Omaha Beach. As a private serving the company commander as his driver, he was privy to the ways the army operated, which were frequently urganized at best. Many times, Collier and his commander took a command car on dangerous scouting expeditions. At the same time he was driving for the commander, he was also serving as the company clerk since he was the only man in his company who could type. Th rough his work, he became acquainted with ordinary soldiers and spent as much time with them as possible. My Side of the Story paints a picture of lives of everyday soldiers during World War II and the joys and heartaches they shared.
- Author(s)G Warren Collier,Judy Collier Johnson
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.