All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionAn obsessive-compulsive cartographer trapped in the mapping of her own house. A painter turned code-breaker trying to find the lover she lost in the war. Two sisters on a collision course. In this book, two sisters escape an unkwn war-torn country into separate lives of exile. The cartographer is obsessed with keeping the world in order, but finds it unravelling under her own demands. Her sister, an artist, arrives unexpectedly. Her very presence is a sign of chaos for the cartographer. But in spite of this, the sister has a firm grip on the real world, and a greater connection to the past. Chaos and order in tension provide the scaffolding for this compelling work of fiction. Presented within a world of obsession and trauma it asks whether any of us is immune to the forces of destruction. How do you kw when to finish what you start? How do you kw when to give up on control? How do you move on?
- Author BiographyLara Fergus works for the Victorian government on policy to prevent violence against women. She is a former researcher and writer on human rights--particularly violence against women--for Amnesty International, White Ribbon, VicHealth, and the United Nations.
- Author(s)Lara Fergus
- PublisherSpinifex Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Melbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSpinifex Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.